here are links to a series that sums of Jonah Berger’s book “Contagious” and key questions that should be discussed
- Does talking about your idea make people look good?
- Can you find the inner remarkability?
- Leverage game mechanics?
- Make people feel like insiders?
Consider the context:
- What cues make people think about your product or idea?
- How can you grow the habitat and make it come to mind more often?
Focus on feelings
- Does talking about your product or idea generate emotion?
- How can you kindle the fire?
- Does your idea advertise itself?
- Can people see when others are using it?
- If not, how can you make the private public?
- Can you create behavioral residue that sticks around even after people use it?
- Does talking about your idea help people help others?
- How can you highlight incredible value, packaging your knowledge and expertise into useful information others will want to disseminate?
- What is your trojan horse?
- Is your idea embodied in a broader narrative that people want to share?
- Is the story not only viral, but also valuable?
8. Summing up